Monday, February 14

Today

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Coming from the streets of poverty

singing through my vision in irony

One day I woke up to another land

Where all my dreams were meant to take a stand

and my hands were nervously shaken

but I knew I had to leave everything behind

and start a new life in these streets of mine

Would wake up to the sound of my moms voice

feeling like there was nothing out there that hurts

feeling a comfort that only a mother can give,

smelling her scent was my relief..

That was then,this is now

reality struck at 6 o' clock

Time to wake up

with my eyes wide open

still a little shookin from last night

Three sheets to the wind(tipsy,wasted,hammered)

There I am getting up to the sun

another day and let me just say

I want to go back to sleep

but there's no time to snooze or you'll lose!haha

I drift into my mind pondering,while walking

why this world is the way it is and..

why that man is wearing a rain coat on a sunny day

and how there's famine in the world

while in America people throw away everyday

and people worried about the latest fad

and spend and spend with no generosity

but I'm no one to judge

because I am here and there

nice people out there

with insecurities just like me,

with a heart that pumps blood and oxygen just like me,

that are scared just like me,

that deep down they really care that the world is unfair,

just like me.

But there's something that sparks hope,

to believe that there is more

that one day,maybe just one day we will all be free

and live without any poverty and the sun will shine on everybody..


Are we not all the same under the skin?


With much love liz

No comments:

Post a Comment